Wednesday, March 20, 2013

6w4d waiting, waiting, waiting

One week to go until the ultrasound, which still a long way away but it's better than 2 weeks! And I'm still encouraged because some symptoms are strongly present, including painfully tender breasts, lower back pain, and as of today some significant exhaustion. I've also been really cold and had a hard time getting warm, which could be the lingering effects of the cold I had -- the advice nurse said it could take an extra long time to get over the cold due to my body's priority of baby-building right now.

I almost can't fathom that this will work out -- the only examples of pregnancy I've lived through are ones that haven't worked out. But these darn symptoms have given me a lot more hope than I've ever dared to have before, and it leads me to entertain thoughts of farther down the line -- 7 months from now when I'm fully pregnant.... My husband and I were asked to officiate our friends' wedding in Lake Tahoe (haven't figured out exactly how that'll work with 2 officiants...). I'll be 3 weeks shy of my due date then. Are pregnant people allowed to go to 6000 altitude when they are that far along? I joked with my husband that we might have the baby in Truckee, which actually would be pretty cool, we love that area -- we were married next to Lake Tahoe.

Then I think about actually having the baby in our lives, in our house, with our incredibly loud dogs barking all the time.... and what the baby's room might look like, and how we'll make it work. It's still so early, I think I'll try to put those thoughts on hold for now.

Is anyone else at around the same point in their pregnancy? Or have you lived through this or something similar? I'm eager to hear your experiences too.

No comments:

Post a Comment