Friday, March 8, 2013

4w6d and stuffy

Today is a beautiful day in Sacramento.  The sun is shining and birds are chirping, my dogs are resting in patches of sunshine on the floor.  The weather's been very March-like, lioning and lambing all in one week.  70 degrees and sunny one day, 36 degrees and storming the next night.  Annoyingly and predictably, this has led me to catch a cold, which started 3 days ago, walloped me on Wednesday, eased up enough yesterday that I went to work, and then came raging back at me last night and this morning.  

Colds are always horrid, but when you're pregnant they're even worse because there's not much you can take for it.  When I catch colds, I usually covet a couple packs of Dayquil/Nyquil or AlkaSelzer plus Cold, as I've found they erase my symptoms delightfully.  But they are a no-no when you are PG.  So I've just been suffering and hoping it goes away ASAP.  I am wondering if perhaps it's my body's way of forcing me to take it easy right now, or if it's just what happens in March.   Fortunately the prenatal vitamins I've been taking for the last 4 years have kept a lot of colds at bay.  If anyone knows for sure that there is some sort of safe cold-symptom erasers for a pregnant person to take, please let me know in the comments area.  


No comments:

Post a Comment